Ph: +91 471 222 9222
Fax: +91 471 222 9333
Email: reservations@thrhotels.com

Thursday 7 May 2015

Better than the best hotels in Kovalam

Poovar Beach
Estuary Island Resort is a hidden gem in Poovar, Kerala. Visiting God's Own Country is something one should definitely do in one's lifetime. So this time around I settled on Estuary Island Resort- I'd heard great things about it from my friends who went there last year and the reviews on TripAdvisor clinched the deal.

The location – from all that I’d heard- was wonderful. Apparently, it is where the backwaters meet the estuary, hence the name .And I decided to check it out myself. The location of resort could not have been better. It’s actually pretty amazing. The evenings- oh I still reminisce about the time I spent sitting in gazebo watching the sun set and it was all just wonderful.

Poovar’s main attraction is the Poovar Beach, located a short distance away from the resort. It’s a great place to chill during the evenings.

Talking about food- they have some three-four restaurants! The resort’s flagship restaurant, Ripples is simply wonderful- brilliant ambience and really yummy food.

As far as accommodation goes- they have nice, huge rooms with great views. Talk about room with a view. The rooms were good, all the modern amenities. I visited the spa as well during my week here and found it to be pretty relaxing.

Overall, a pretty good vacation at this beach resort!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Thanks for sharing the post. What do you look for in hotels in Kovalam? Luxury, comfort, beauty or amenities; whatever may be your choice, Kovalam welcomes you. Being one of the internationally acclaimed beaches in India, it invites you to explore the breathtaking atmosphere formed by sand, sea and sky. Check out all best hotels in Kovalam.

    ReplyDelete